Friday, May 19, 2006

Still Seeking Submissions


We have received a few excellent entries for the Carnival, but are still looking for more submissions of what was great and/or really caught your attention this week. It is too late to submit early, but not too late to submit often. You have until this Sunday (May 22nd) at 6 pm to get your entries to us here at the Library Garden. Please send your submissions to janieh [at] gmail dot com for edition #38 of the Carnival of the Infosciences .

On an slightly related note, whenever I think of Carnivals I think of consuming sugar that has been spun into a sticky mess of melt-on-your-tongue goodness on stick. My husband and I have an ongoing debate about what this item is called. I have placed a photo to the left as a visual cue. Please help us settle this one and for all! What do you call it? I say it is Candy Floss and he claims it is Cotton Candy.

12 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Liz said...

That is cotton candy. I have never heard the term candy floss.

 
At May 19, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a regionalism. Around here, it's cotton candy.

 
At May 19, 2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent 2 summers spinning it in an amusement park in Massachusetts. We called it Cotton Candy

 
At May 19, 2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely cotton candy.

 
At May 19, 2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally cotton candy...

 
At May 19, 2006 6:27 PM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Not a single person to yet chime in and help me win my argument. It is a regionalism, I am from Canada and that is what we called it growing up. Then again, I also call macaroni and cheese Kraft Dinner. I just thought that perhaps there was someplace here in the USA where it was also known as candy floss.

 
At May 19, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger Candi said...

Sorry, but as a born expert of all things candy, I must proclaim it cotton candy.

I was tormented so many times growing up by being called cotton candy, but never candy floss.

 
At May 19, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger David said...

cotton candy. although there is a wilco song called "candy floss" so i have heard the term before.

 
At May 20, 2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candy floss is the British version...I grew up in the US with cotten candy, now live in Australia where it's candy floss..I spent a year near Halifax, NS but don't recall hearing any reference to it at all. (I might have been too busy shivering :) )

 
At May 21, 2006 5:06 AM, Blogger flexnib said...

Yes, it's candy floss in Australia. We do sometimes see cotton candy as well, though.

 
At May 21, 2006 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I posted about the term in Australia before. I just realised a more common name I hear around here: fairy floss

I knew candy floss didn't quite sound right...

 
At February 11, 2009 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the shadow of legend Gold which make me very happy these days, my brother says sol gold is his favorite games gold he likes

, he usually buy some buy shadow of legend Gold to start his game and most of the time he will win the cheap shadow of legend Gold back and give me some shadow of legend Gold money to play the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home