Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Broken signage

I've been away from the blog for what feels like a while--but for a good reason! My wife and I met up with some friends that came from the west coast and we did a seven day cruise to the western Caribbean. Lots of rain, no sun, but a good time was still had by all. We swam with dolphins, played with monkeys, ate, slept, read. Who needs the sun anyway?

I never had any desire to vacation on a cruise ship, and while the service and food was generally excellent (with a few notable exceptions), the cruise ship experience is probably just not my bag.

Anyhoo, I'll get around to getting the monkey and dolphin pics up on flickr, but in the meantime I thought this picture was worth sharing. Yup, that's the emergency exit door on deck 1 of the Carnival Valor. What message does this sign send to the passengers? I think it should be subtitled, "In case of emergency, good luck suckers!" Hey Carnival, let's barter: You give me a free seven day cruise and I'll give you a kick-ass signage audit. :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best. Sign. Ever. My mouth is agape over this one. It's not the signage that's broken, of course--it's the ship's policy.

"Not going on a cruise" is on a list of my goals--now, more than ever. ;)

 
At November 09, 2006 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a cruise, sounds fun!

i need a vacation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home