Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Five things about Pete

Thanks to Amy for tagging me in the "Five Things" meme. I'm going to do the Creating Passionate Users twist and answer Kathy Sierra's fivish questions. Here goes...

1. What's the most fun work you've ever done, and why?
The most fun work I've ever done has always been the work I'm doing at the time, so my current job is the most fun work I've done. Why? I get to work in a supportive environment on diverse projects (QandANJ, wireless projects, audiobooks, etc.), have a lot of freedom and can exercise my creativity in many ways, and I get to interact with lots of people (f2f and virtually).
2a. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did?
I wish I did a better job staying in touch with family and friends. I used to write a lot of letters. Now I barely pick up a phone or email. :-(
2b.Name one thing you've always wanted to do but keep putting it off?
I'd like to take formal guitar lessons. I walk around with the phone number of a guitar teacher in my wallet. I've been meaning to call him for a couple of years now, but then I started watching Buffy on DVD and, uh, other priorities asserted themselves. (How lame is that? But to be fair, Buffy was quite a show!)
3a. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why?
As I mentioned, I'd like to achieve some measure of competence on the guitar. Why? Because I love music, and I would especially like to be good enough to create music with other people. I just finished reading This is Your Brain on Music and I'm feeling so jazzed (heehee) that I just might pick up the phone and call Mr. Guitar Teacher (that is, as soon as I finish watching Angel on DVD. Curse you Joss Whedon!)
3b. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
I'd want to do an apprenticeship with Marshall Rosenberg. I would hope to learn how to use the principles of Non-violent communication to better connect with other people.
4a. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Kind, funny, non-judgmental. At least, that's how they better describe me if they know what's good for 'em. You listening family and friends??
4b. Now list two more words you wish described you...
Organized, effective
5. What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes-- three sentences max)
Love to play the tennis, spend time with my wife, and listen to live music (which I do now, once every two years or so. Hmm... Self-care much?)
6 Write--and answer--one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, do they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does? Let me rephrase: What's funny? Answer: Groucho Marx, Coen Brothers, Woody Allen, Jon Stewart, Adam Sandler singing about his red-hooded sweatshirt, Seinfeld, Joss Whedon, Scrubs, and a lot of other stuff.
[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?]

Is this worth paying attention to... and...If it bothers me, is there another way of looking at this?
Bonus Fact about me me me!
I've lived most of my life with in New Jersey but have almost no identifiable accent (so I've been told.) I think that's because most people in NJ talk good.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home