Monday, March 26, 2007

Five Blog Meme

Nancy Dowd tagged me for the five-non-library-blogs-that-I-read-meme.

I'm going to skip a few favorites since they've gotten a lot of mentions already. (If you're not already reading Creating Passionate Users, do yourself a favor and start.) So here are the non-library blogs that I read that I haven't seen mentioned too often:
  1. Work Matters, by Bob Sutton. I came for the Weird Ideas That Work, I stayed for the No Asshole Rule. You may have heard of Bob Sutton recently as the author of the #14 Amazon ranked book,"The No Asshole Rule". It's unbeleviable to me that the New York Times won't print the title of this book. (I mean, hey, they had no trouble printing the word scrotum again, and again, and again...)

  2. Horse Pig Cow: A marketing blog from Tara Hunt. Oink. Moo. Yup.

  3. Presentation Zen: Garr Reynolds on presentation design. I'll take all the help I can get :-) Check out Ira Glass' Tips on Storytelling. Good stuff!

  4. How To Change the World by Guy Kawasaki. I love the ideas, the interviews, and Guy's playful, generous spirit that shines through all his posts.

  5. Service Untitled by... hmmmm, I have no idea who writes it. No matter! I love this blog for it's very practical writing on customer service, like this article on what to do when a customer is cursing at you. (Funny, they forgot to mention the never-fail strategy, "I'm the rubber you're the glue..."

There are my five. And I tag: Joyce Valenza, Jennifer Macaulay, Iris Jastram, Sophie Brookover.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2007 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Thanks for the comments about Service Untitled and the link!

I would say "I'm rubber, your glue", but that isn't too professional. Our suggestion to "ignore it" are along the same lines, though.

Thanks again!

At Your Service,

Douglas
Service Untitled

 

Post a Comment

<< Home