Friday, April 27, 2007

Conference Swag!

Hello! The 'gardeners are just back from the NJLA Conference, and what a wonderful conference it was!!! (And some of us are off to another conference - The Mid-Atlantic Library FUTURES Conference, May 7th and 8th at The Borgata in AC!)

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure have a lot of stuff, or swag, from it! Plenty of free pens, notepads, lanyards (even flip flops - really!) abounded in the exhibit hall from the vendors.

And, of course, t-shirts!

Well, if you have too many t-shirts, here's a fantastic thing to do with them! My friend Beth Cackowski (go NJLA IT Section!) reminded me about a book called Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt, by Megan Nicolay.

I had seen this author on one of the morning shows once - Martha Stewart I think actually!

Check out this book and, voila! there you have it - something to do with all those free conference t-shirts!


  • Make it into a skirt!

  • A bikini!

  • Turn a regular t-shirt into a tank or tube top!

  • A handbag!

  • iPod cozy!

  • Leg warmers!

  • and more............. (yes these are all real patterns in the book)!

I'm so glad Beth reminded me of that and I am passing the tip along to you! If you actually DO turn any of your conference t-shirts (or any other t-shirts) into something else, let us know! Beth was wise enough to choose t-shirts in larger sizes so she would have ultimate playing-around room with them!



However, I myself will not be taking scissors to my beautiful purple SUPER LIBRARIAN shirt!




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home