Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm off to see the conference...

It's that time of year: The NJLA Conference!

The conference is one of my very favorite things! Last year was the first year that I found myself "behind the scenes" and I had the best time! I experienced the conference in a completely different way and got just as much, though different, things out of it! I had attended a few years prior to that strictly as an "attendee," but last year, due to my involvement on the NJLA Information Technologies Section, and the NJLA Member Services Committee, I found myself much more involved.

I spent a lot of time welcoming people at the Hospitality Table - boy, that was fun! And a lot of time at the Podcasting Station, which was also fun and very exciting!

I hope you'll stop by either one of those places, or both, if you're coming to conference....

I'll also be blogging the conference here for NJLA (really, I WILL! Which I intend to use to get back into blogging and stop being so lame!) so check it out! Really!

I hope to get to at least SOME of the programs - I am especially excited about:

  • Of course, the IT and YA Programs, particularly Cool Tools and Just Push Play! with Steve Garwood; Let's Mambo at the Library, with Robert P. Rynkiewicz; and Harness the power of Social Software @ Your Library, with Liz Burns and Sophie Brookover!
  • Our own Janie L. Hermann will be presenting 15 Fantastic Freebies in 50 Minutes, which I'm sure is going to be packed!
  • And, especially the Helen Blowers presentations, Core Competencies, Core Values in the Era of Library 2.0 and Discovering Library 2.0 (Can you tell I'm a little bit tech-oriented!?)!

Gosh, I hope I can get to everything! That is usually the only criticism I hear and feel about the conference - too many good programs competing against each other in the same time slots!

One more invite: Lynn Schott and I will be hosting "Lunch Buddies" again at the conference - if you want people to eat lunch with, we'll be gathering people at the Hospitality Table - so come see us!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home