Thursday, May 31, 2007

Amy's 8 Things

(Hmmm I kinda like the sound of that)!

So I have been tagged here and on the PML blog - do I have to come up with 16 things or should I just refer you there!? ;-) EDIT: Okay I managed to come up with 8 more - if you're really bored or interested check them out! ;-)

Well, I'll do 8 here and then see what happens:

1. I like to keep my fingernails really short because I can't stand typing on the keyboard with long ones. I spend so much time typing that it really is an issue for me and I can now hardly stand for them to be much longer than the very end of the tips of my fingers. This is okay though because I also pretty much prefer them this way and like the way they look. I also like to paint them dark red.

2. When I was little we had a tire swing in the backyard, hanging from a very large, old tree. I used to play outside on that tire swing all by myself for hours! One thing I would do was to "broadcast" my own radio show while I swung around (weird).

3. I have worked in the following places: a 5 & 10 store; CVS; a Mail Boxes, Etc. (no, it wasn't a UPS Store back then); a Manhattan publishing company; the Clifton (NJ) Public Library; and now at the Paterson (NJ) Free Public Library. It NEVER occurred to me to become a librarian, not even once, for one second, even though I went there ALL THE TIME, until about the year 2001.

4. I used to have a really weird habit of washing my feet before I went to bed. I just hated the idea of putting dirty feet into my bed. I don't know why I used to do that, and I don't really know exactly when or why I stopped doing that.

5. I don't really like to cook. My husband doesn't really like this fact about me.

6. I have never, ever, ever smoked a cigarette. Not even one puff once to try it. Never.

7. The first car I ever owned, which I bought myself, was a used Nissan Sentra. Stick shift. I didn't know how to drive stick. I couldn't even drive the car home myself. While learning to drive it, I once drove it right through the garage door! The only person who finally succeeded in teaching me how to drive that thing was a friend of my mom's. She was also my brother's Pre-K teacher and also then became a librarian!

8. I used to be a soccer superstar!

And, I'm not tagging anyone else. I hope that won't bring me 8 million years of bad luck or something...!!??!?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 3:30 PM, Blogger Peter Bromberg said...

Hi Amy,

Hey you should seriously try smoking, it's great! I'll bring a pack to Princeton on Monday and maybe we can sneak out back and light up. First one's free. (of course, I'll have my hip flask filled with cheap bourbon, as usual.)

So what I have in common with Ty is a desire to go to the Outback. What have I in common with you is that my first car was also a stick shift, and I also did not know how to drive it. A situation that resolved itself when smoke started coming out of the ignition and I got rid of it (I think it cost $150...)

Resolved never to challenge you to a soccer match, -Pete

 
At May 31, 2007 4:33 PM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Are you two going to be in Princeton on Monday? I am free for lunch... hint, hint.

Oh, and my first car was a Sentra stick shift... too funny!

 
At May 31, 2007 6:11 PM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

OMG! I'm dying laughing! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home