Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Singshot.com- Karaoke Singers Unite!

To me, Karaoke will always be known as the revolution that brought amateur singers out of their showers and into the limelight.

I’m not saying whether that was a good or bad thing… but local drinking establishments did clean up on it!

Singshot brings the karaoke movement for the glitz and glamour of your local dive-bar and onto the electrified waves of the Internet. No more smoke, no more booze, no more people to appreciate your erm… lovely voice which has yet to bring you fame or fortune. At the very least, perhaps a highlight real on American Idol’s audition episodes.

Singshot is an online community for singers who are looking for feedback from other singers. There are also groups and contests available to any member choosing to participate. The collection itself is not the best but there are literally thousands of songs to choose from and you will be able to find something in your range.

For the fun of it, I joined and tried the recording system. It was okay but could run into some serious lag issues as well; I mean, I know I wasn’t perfect, but I definitely wasn’t a whole measure out either. Once the lag was fixed though, I did post the song and got immediate feedback from people.

Uhhhh, let’s not talk about the feedback.

One of the better features on singshot is the webcam option, which has produced some rather funny vidoes. There really isn’t anything like watching the moment of a person trying to look their coolest and achieve rock-stardom… yet, completely failing to capture it.

1 Comments:

At July 08, 2007 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that site, I usually do my singing on karaokeplay which has a lot of cool features

 

Post a Comment

<< Home