Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Blog Day 2007!

Today is the 3rd Annual Blog Day and I thought I would play along by listing my 5 "new and/or interesting" blogs. I won't be giving much of a description for each blog I list due to a time crunch (aka packing for a vacation at Disney) and I will not be blogging again until mid-September at the earliest. I am leaving my laptop behind and unplugging for the entire vacation. Without further ado, my five "Blog Day Blogs":

Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit -- I love everything about cupcakes, especially experimenting with new recipes. I also love to read about them and Cupcake Bakeshop gives me lots of visuals to see the process. I actually follow more than one cupcake blog and I have to say that I read and adore Cupcakes Take the Cake equally as well. So many cupcakes, so little time.

Sandusky History -- I received an email earlier this week from Dorene Paul, Reference Assistance at Sandusky Library in Ohio, that led me to a wonderful local history blog that is "inspired by the collections of the Sandusky Library Archives Research Center and Follett House Museum". The photos are fascinating, the accompanying stories are engaging. This is local history done right!

Trashionista -- Great for keeping up with chick-lit on both sides of the pond. They have a great tagline too: "We read books like they're going out of fashion".

MomsRising Blogs -MomsRising is a grassroots, online effort that has a goal of "bringing millions of people who all share a common concern about the need to build a more family-friendly America" and they have several bloggers helping to move their cause forward.

The Gadget Blog -- There are lots of gadget blogs that I check and read regularly, some well-known and others that are not. Keeping up with the world of gadgets is important to my job, even if my budget can rarely afford the newest and the coolest.

See everyone again in a few weeks -- enjoy the Labor Day weekend!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 06, 2007 5:55 AM, Blogger Keris Stainton said...

Thanks so much for the mention! Glad you enjoy the blog.

Keris (Trashionista) x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home